Saturday, January 2, 2010

happy new yrs 2010

so new yrs was seemingly uneventful bu for me it was perfect. since my husband had to work that day & was up at 5am We both figured for sure he'd never come close to 12am & also having to work new yrs day & be up again at 5am knew it wouldn't be wise to even try. Obviously a toddler , well he'd be asleep so I assumed & prepared to be alone down stairs for the big moment.
as a bit sad i was, i kept reminding myself of last new yrs. How my husband came home feeling unwell & by 10pm was off to the hospital with his parents for a bad stomach flu or a food posioning . So at 12am i didn't even notice the yr had turned as i was on the phone with his dad who was updating me from the ER & my lil one here was asleep.
they had to leave their annual new yrs party & all around it sucked.
so this yr i figured as long as we were all healthy, home & both my husband & son were asleep upstairs i was blessed & couldnt complain.
well 11:45pm the once silent house became filled with sounds of a hyper, happy, talkative toddler. I ran up to see the moniter & my husband also woke up hearing it. I told him to go back to bed as id grab the lil one & bring him down to share the new yrs with me since he was up. I'd never had a new yrs with him before!
so i was downstairs 5 min before the countdown when my husband followed us down. we sat all on the couch & my son just 16 mos watched with such intent the ball dropping. at 12 am i kiissed my son, thenn my husband & then my son clapped saying " yeahh" haha. it was adorable.. he then tried to run off & play but we put him back up to bed as well as my husband & by 12:10am i was again alone but that few moments was more than i wished for.
al in all it seems ok this yr.. 2 days into it.. cept i do feel im fighting a cold or maybe just allergies, i can't tell bu it's annoying for sure. we have alot planned this wknd so im hoping to feel up for it. I was up til afer 5am this morniing! damn insomnia!!! & was woken up 8am by my son! i napped when he did for an hour or so but still it's nto enough of course.
tried to make up for it with a semi healthy breakfast ( toasted bagel w/ pb & oj) i was debating a smoothie but felt so tired & knew the blender would only make my son cry so i wasnt up for all that. it's only 12:30pm hubby wont be home til about 6pm this day is dragging & i just want to go back to bed!

1 comment: